Knit the Periodic Table of the elements!
This is a fun, cooperative project to celebrate the 2011 International Year of Chemistry. It's been extremely popular and now only the blank squares need to be knitted, so please sign up!
Here's how it works:
- You choose a square to knit. You can choose any colour. (Please just choose to knit one at a time).
- We'll collect a few stories from you to accompany the Periodic Table when it is displayed. You will not be identified beyond your name and your city, and the questions are not personal.
- We email you a link to download the pattern.
- You supply the wool and get knitting.
- You have until Friday 23 September to get your knitted element back to us.
The Periodic Table will be stitched together and displayed at the 2011 New Zealand Institute of Chemistry conference, at Victoria University of Wellington, and in other places. If you have an idea for a venue, please contact us.